It’s the week of the Grand National 2021 and everyone wants to know which jockeys will be on board their favourite runners.
We already know that Richard Johnson retired last week and unfortunately, Paul Townend suffered a foot injury at Fairyhouse last week so we won’t be seeing either of them this week!
So here we go…
The Full List Of Jockeys & Runners
- Daryl JacobNo.1RIDING: BRISTOL DE MAI
- Darragh O’KeeffeNo.2RIDING: CHRIS’S DREAM
- Bryony FrostNo.3RIDING: YALA ENKI
- Sam Twiston-DaviesNo.4RIDING: BALLYOPTIC
- Henry BrookeNo.5RIDING: DEFINITLY RED
- Brian HughesNo.6RIDING: LAKE VIEW LAD
- Patrick MullinsNo.7RIDING: BURROWS SAINT
- Robbie PowerNo.8RIDING: MAGIC OF LIGHT
- Danny MullinsNo.9RIDING: ACAPELLA BOURGEOIS
- Tom CannonNo.10RIDING: TALKISCHEAP
- Sean FlanaganNo.11RIDING: TOUT EST PERMIS
- Denis O’ReganNo.12RIDING: ANIBALE FLY
- Jonjo O’Neill JnrNo.13RIDING: MISTER MALARKY
- Richie McLernonNo.14RIDING: KIMBERLITE CANDY
- Mark WalshNo.15RIDING: ANY SECOND NOW
- Aidan ColemanNo.16RIDING: BALKO DES FLOS
- Jody McGarveyNo.17RIDING: ALPHA DES OBEAUX
- Derek O’ConnorNo.18RIDING: OK CORRAL
- Sean QuinlanNo.19RIDING: TAKINGRISKS
- Kevin SextonNo.20RIDING: SHATTERED LOVE
- Sam Waley-CohenNo.21RIDING: JETT
- Nick ScholfieldNo.22RIDING: LORD DU MESNIL
- Jack TudorNo.23RIDING: POTTERS CORNER
- Brian HayesNo.24RIDING: CLASS CONTI
- Jamie CoddNo.25RIDING: MILAN NATIVE
- Bryan CooperNo.26RIDING: DISCORAMA
- Conor O’FarrellNo.27RIDING: VIEUX LION ROUGE
- Tom ScudamoreNo.28RIDING: CLOTH CAP
- Sean O’KeeffeNo.29RIDING: CABARET QUEEN
- Ben PosteNo.30RIDING: MINELLACELEBRATION
- Tom BellamyNo.31RIDING: CANELO
- Luke DempseyNo.32RIDING: THE LONG MILE
- Sean BowenNo.33RIDING: GIVE ME A COPPER
- Jack KennedyNo.34RIDING: FARCLAS
- Rachael BlackmoreNo.35RIDING: MINELLA TIMES
- Tabitha WorsleyNo.36RIDING: SUB LIEUTENANT
- Gavin SheehanNo.37RIDING: HOGANS HEIGHT
- Jonathan BurkeNo.38RIDING: DOUBLE SHUFFLE
- Kielan WoodsNo.39RIDING: AMI DEBOIS
- Harry SkeltonNo.40RIDING: BLAKLION
Previous Winning Jockeys
Who is back to win another Grand National in 2021?
First up is Daryl Jacob who is looking for his second win since 2012 when he rode to victory on Neptune Collonges.
Despite riding in six Nationals since then, his best finish has been on Ucello Conti in 2016 when finishing in sixth place.
He will be on board Bristol De Mai for trainer Nigel Twiston-Davies.
Also back again and looking for a second win is Robbie Power. He bagged the win on Silver Birch in 2007.
Racing in 10 Grand National’s since then, he has completed five of them with his best finish coming on Gilgamboa in 2016 when the duo finished fourth.
In a last minute change, Ryan Mania steps in to take the ride on Definitly Red for the injured Henry Brooke.
Mania won in 2013 on Auroras Encore and will be hoping that a second win is on the cards in 2021.
So three of the jockeys riding in this year’s National have won it before. They may have the experience and know the course like the back of their hands but it’s still anybody’s race.
Female Jockeys In 2021
Rachael Blackmore made history in March by becoming the first female jockey to win the Leading Jockey title at the Cheltenham Festival.
She is currently second in the Jockey Championship in Ireland, just 12 wins behind the leader Paul Townend. What an achievement it would be if she could go and add the Grand National 2021 to her already impressive CV.
She is on board Minella Times for trainer Henry De Bromhead and owner JP McManus. So will she finally break that tough glass ceiling at Aintree and come home victorious on Saturday?
Also hoping to make history is Bryony Frost. The first female jockey to win a Grade One race over obstacles at the Cheltenham Festival, she partnered Frodon to victory in the Ryanair Chase in 2020.
She will be on board the long-distance chaser Yala Enki for trainer Paul Nicholls.
Tabitha Worsley will be partnered with Sub Lieutenant. If ever there was a Grand National fairytale story, this would be it.
The horse is a rank outsider on 100/1 odds. He was sold by Gigginstown in November 2020 and bought by Georgie Howell who is also the trainer – and Worsley’s mother. This is very much a family affair and Tabitha Worsley’s first run in the National.
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy’s Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply. 18+ begambleaware.org. #ad. Please bet responsibly.