It’s the week of the Grand National 2022 and everyone wants to know which jockeys will be on board their favourite runners.
So here we go…
The Full List Of Jockeys & Runners
- Rachael BlackmoreNo.1RIDING: MINELLA TIMES
- Jack KennedyNo.2RIDING: DELTA WORK
- Sean FlanaganNo.3RIDING: SCHOOL BOY HOURS
- Mark WalshNo.4RIDING: ANY SECOND NOW
- Davy RussellNo.5RIDING: RUN WILD FRED
- Harry CobdenNo.6RIDING: LOSTINTRANSLATION
- Brian HayesNo.7RIDING: BRAHMA BULL
- Paul TownendNo.8RIDING: BURROWS SAINT
- Denis O’ReganNo.9RIDING: MOUNT IDA
- Darragh O’KeeffeNo.10RIDING: LONGHOUSE POET
- Brendan PowellNo.11RIDING: FIDDLERONTHEROOF
- David BassNo.12RIDING: TWO FOR GOLD
- Nick ScholfieldNo.13RIDING: SANTINI
- Sean BowenNo.14RIDING: SAMCRO
- Adrian HeskinNo.15RIDING: ESCARIA TEN
- Daryl JacobNo.16RIDING: GOOD BOY BOBBY
- Philip ArmsonNo.17RIDING: ROMAIN DE SENAM
- Jonjo O’Neill JnrNo.18RIDING: COKO BEACH
- Adam WedgeNo.19RIDING: DE RASHER COUNTER
- James BowenNo.20RIDING: KILDISART
- Brian CooperNo.21RIDING: DISCORAMA
- Thomas DowsonNo.22RIDING: TOP VILLE BEN
- Conor OrrNo.23RIDING: ENJOY D’ALLEN
- Luke DempseyNo.24RIDING: ANIBALE FLY
- Ryan ManiaNo.25RIDING: DINGO DOLLAR
- Ricky DoyleNo.26RIDING: FREEWHEELIN DYLAN
- Sam Twiston-DaviesNo.27RIDING: CLASS CONTI
- Mr. Sam Waley-CohenNo.28RIDING: NOBLE YEATS
- Derek FoxNo.29RIDING: MIGHTY THUNDER
- Tom ScudamoreNo.30RIDING: CLOTH CAP
- Aidan ColemanNo.31RIDING: SNOW LEOPARDESS
- Danny MullinsNo.32RIDING: AGUSTA GOLD
- Charlie DeutschNo.33RIDING: COMMODORE
- Tom O’BrienNo.34RIDING: DEISE ABA
- Harry SkeltonNo.35RIDING: BLAKLION
- Robbie PowerNo.36RIDING: POKER PARTY
- Jordan GainfordNo.37RIDING: DEATH DUTY
- Harry BannisterNo.38RIDING: DOMAINE DE L’ISLE
- Tom BellamyNo.39RIDING: ECLAIR SURF
- Hugh NugentNo.40RIDING: FORTESCUE
Previous Winning Jockeys
Who is back to win another Grand National in 2022?
First up is Rachael Blackmore who is looking for her second win since riding home victorious on Minella Times in 2021.
It would be an incredible feat and one not achieved by many jockeys over the history of the Grand National if the duo were to win again.
We also have Davy Russell, twice a winner on board Tiger Roll in 2018 and 2019.
He will be partnering Run Wild Fred who was second in the Irish Grand National last year giving the duo every chance in the 2022 Grand National.
Daryl Jacob is looking for his second win since 2012 when he rode to victory on Neptune Collonges.
Despite riding in six Nationals since then, his best finish has been on Ucello Conti in 2016 when finishing in sixth place.
He will be on board Good Boy Bobby for trainer Nigel Twiston-Davies.
Also back again and looking for a second win is Derek Fox. He bagged the win on One For Arthur in 2017.
Riding for trainer Lucinda Russell, connections will be hoping the winning duo can bag another victory with Mighty Thunder on Saturday.
Ryan Mania, who won in 2013 on Auroras Encore, is pairing up with Dingo Dollar for the 2022 Grand National.
If he can win it will be the first for trainer Sandy Thomson.
Back again and looking for a second win is jockey Robbie Power. He bagged the win on Silver Birch in 2007.
Racing in 11 Grand National’s since then, he has completed five of them with his best finish coming on Gilgamboa in 2016 when the duo finished fourth.
For the 2022 Grand National, Robbie Power has been booked on Poker Party from trainer Henry De Bromhead.
So six of the jockeys riding in this year’s National have won it before. They may have the experience and know the course like the back of their hands but it’s still anybody’s race.
Female Jockeys In 2022
Rachael Blackmore made history in March 2021 by becoming the first female jockey to win the Leading Jockey title at the Cheltenham Festival.
She then rounded it off by winning the Grand National on board Minella Times for trainer Henry De Bromhead and owner JP McManus, the first female jockey to ever achieve that feat.
Can she win back-to-back Grand Nationals? For the 2022 Grand National Rachael Blackmore will be riding Minella Times again.
She also happens to be the only female jockey booked to ride in the Grand National 2022.
Jockeys Making Their Debut In 2022
2022 is proving a bumper year for jockeys who will take to the Grand National for the first time.
- Tommy Dowson – Top Ville Ben
- Conor Orr – Enjoy D’Allen
- Ricky Doyle – Freewheelin’ Dylan
- Philip Armson – Romain De Senam
- Jordon Gainford – Death Duty
- Hugh Nugent – Fortescue
- Harry Bannister – Domaine D’Isle
While all of the jockeys listed above have plenty of experience when it comes to winning big races, until now they haven’t had the opportunity to take a spin around the Grand National.
So can a jockey making his debut in the 2022 Grand National actually go out and win it? It’s happened before!
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any Horse Racing market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. 18+ begambleaware.org. #ad. Please bet responsibly.