Our survey was conducted by YouGov on behalf of GrandNational.fans (Eddison-Media) between the 29th March – 2nd April 2018.
A whopping 70% of parents who have placed a bet on the Grand National would let their children choose a horse for them to bet on, according to new research out today.
A study of Grand National betting habits by YouGov for the GrandNational.fans website also found that 52% of respondents who have bet on the Grand National claimed to have placed a winning bet with 54% preferring to place their bets with a high street betting shop. Just 8% of those asked used a bookmakers betting app.
- 25% of British adults are likely to bet on the 2018 Grand National
- 51% who have bet on the Grand National typically back more than 1 horse
- Only 6% could correctly identify Randox Health as the Grand National sponsors
- 45% who have placed a bet picked a horse to back based on its name
- Just 21% who have placed a bet backed a horse based on its form
- 61% of those who place a bet do it Each-Way
- All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 2007 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between 29th March – 2nd April 2018. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).
- Any percentages calculated on bases fewer than 50 respondents must not be reported as they do not represent a wide enough cross-section of the target population to be considered statistically reliable. These have been italicised.